The 2019 AGLCC LGBT Business Summit + EXPO
On-site registration will be available at the Atlanta Marriott Northeast/Emory Area starting at 12:00 PM EST for the Summit and at 5:00 PM EST for the Pride Networking Reception.
12:30: Doors open, LGBT Expo Kick-Off
1:10-1:20: Welcome Remarks, AGLCC Leadership
1:20-2:20: CERTIFICATION: Maximizing Your LGBT Status as a Business Owner: Certification, Procurement, and Referral Networking
Is being a certified LGBT Business Enterprise right for you? Looking for answers to your certification questions? Interested in finding ways to leverage your certification? Join us on June 7th for a candid conversation as we:
- Dispel the myths of the certification process
- Discuss the benefits of becoming a certified LGBTBE from small business owners
- Learn how to make your certification work for you in positioning your company for new business opportunities
- And more!
- Gregg Moon, Global Supply Chain Director for Tea and Coffee, The Coca-Cola Company
- Alicia Greene, Supplier Diversity Manager, NGLCC
- Suzanne Baugh, CEO & Founder, Q&A Events
- Moderated by: Gabrielle Claiborne, AGLCC Inclusion Board Chair
2:30-3:15: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Let's Get to Work: Boosting Your Business Development
Presented by: Mark Collins, Consultant, Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
Testimonial: Carlton Brown, Founder & Chef, Occasional Occasions by Carlton
3:15-3:45: EXPO NETWORKING BREAK
3:45-4:30: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: The Things You Don't Always Want to Do in Your Business...But Will Help You Thrive!
This panel will engage in a broad survey of the various behind-the-scenes tasks that small business owners often overlook but are critical to a flourishing business. The audience will gain insight on what those tasks are, when they should be completed and why they are important to the growth and stability of their businesses.
- Rick Baker, Attorney, Baker Jenner LLP
- Sandy Johns CPA, Revolution Financial Solutions, LLC
- Michael Joshua, Senior Sales Executive, Kaiser Permanente
- Curtis Domzalski, Vice President, Retail and Small Business Credit, Wells Fargo Bank
- Moderated by: Matt Lee, AGLCC Legal Affairs Board Chair & Yolanda Brownlee, AGLCC Treasurer
4:30-5:15: Closing Plenary Panel Discussion: ONE Community
Closing the gap in LGBTQ+ community relations to drive a more inclusive city for all of us.
- Antonio Brown, Councilman District 3, Atlanta City Council
- Sean Cox, 2019 Chair of the Board of Directors & Owner/Managing Partner, Atlanta Pride Committee & XL Machineworks
- Janaya (Jai) Davis, Retired Professional Boxer, Celebrity Trainer & Founder, BoxFit Fitness & Performance Studio
- Melissa Scott, Atlanta Black Pride Partner, Traxx Girls Event Promoter, VH1's Love & Hip Hop Atlanta personality, Atlanta Mayor LGBTQ Advisory Board, and DJ
- Dixon Taylor, Head of Marketing, Georgia Voice
- Moderated by: Petrina Bloodworth, AGLCC Board President & Chris Lugo, Executive Director, AGLCC
5:30-7:30: PRIDE NETWORKING: Expo & LGBT Networking Reception with hosted bar
What's In It for YOU?
AGLCC Members who attend the AGLCC Business Summit will receive:
- Discounted admission-save 26% off of admission to the full-day ticket ($30 savings)
- Screen time-be seen by hundreds of prospect clients and customers. When you register and share your business logo by May 31st your business will be featured on our In the Room Reel running on stage all day long.
- Rise of the Rainbow Economy Tote Bag-the first 200 attendees will receive this special tote ($20 value)
- Business Summit ticket includes admission to LGBT expo & networking reception with fully hosted bar ($25 value for members; $35 value for non-members) Thanks to Pizazzz Promotions for donating our Summit totes!
Not a Member? Join today to receive the benefits above! Or attend as our guest at our non-member rates.
2019 Summit Sponsors: