|Position Title||Journeyman ET-Train Control|
|Location||Decatur, GA, US|
|Organization Name||Automatic Train Control|
|NOTE: This posting is to fill the current vacancy and to establish an eligibility list to fill any future vacancies that may occur in the next 6 months.
High school diploma or equivalent. Successful completion of a (minimum) 12 months specialized formal training program in electronic and electrical repair, successful completion of an electronic vocational or trade school or military electronic training program. Two years of journeyman level experience in the repair and maintenance of electronic and electrical equipment.
In lieu of formal training and two years of experience, three years of directly related experience may be substituted.Must have skill and ability in using a variety of sophisticated tools and electronic equipment. External hires will complete six months at the apprentice level; demonstrated ability to perform the journeyman work will qualify the new hire for assignment to Journeyman level. Internal hires will be governed by the terms of the current Labor Agreement.
INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments.
The following information only applies to internal applicants only:
Internal Candidates will have a record evaluation check to determine if they are eligible to continue in the interview process. Candidates will be automatically disqualified for interview consideration if their record evaluations for the rolling year backward at the time of review consist of:
|Inspects, repairs, and maintains the Automatic Train Control electronic equipment using preventive and corrective maintenance procedures to ensure equipment is operating properly.
1. Inspects, repairs, and maintains the electronic equipment which controls the movement, routing, and separation of the trains.
2. Completes routine testing and inspection of all electronic equipment for compliance with FTA, FRA, and MARTA rules, standards and instructions.
3. Cleans all signals and replaces defective wiring and burned out light bulbs.
4. Uses a variety of tools and testing equipment such as volt-ohmeters, frequency generators, insulated joint testers, oscilloscopes and other hand and power tools associated with a complete electrical and electronic repair unit.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Must have a Commercial Driver's License or minimally possess a CDL permit (successfully have passed the written portion of the CDL exam). Employees will be required to obtain their CDL license within 90 days following employment.
|Number of Openings||3|
|Reports To||FOREMAN TRAIN CONTROL|
|FOREMAN TRAIN CONTROL|
|Posting Type||Both Internal and External|
Journeyman ET - Train Control