|Position Title||Architect VI|
|Location||Atlanta, GA, US|
|Organization Name||Office of Architecture & Design|
|Professional degree in Architecture, Engineering or related field is required. A minimum of eight years of progressively responsible experience in architectural planning and design, including experience with transit system design or similar commercial projects. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required. Knowledge of data collection and analysis is required. Must have working knowledge of AutoDesk AutoCAD & Revit (computer aided design & drafting software) as well as Microsoft Office suite computer software. Additional experience with Adobe Photoshop and Google SketchUp preferred. Registration as an Architect in Georgia, or the ability to obtain Georgia registration within six months via reciprocity is required.
INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments.
|Architect VI – General: Under minimum supervision provides designs and coordination for moderately to highly complex architectural projects. Researches, plans, designs, prepares, and seals architectural designs, drawings, specifications and contract documents for new construction and renovations of MARTA facilities. Reviews and comments on consultant-prepared architectural design and contract prepared shop drawings; reviews architectural construction progress; guides and directs others in their assistance with preparation of design drawings and specifications; interprets architectural and transit codes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops, prepares, and seals architectural drawings and specifications involving major new construction and/or modifications to MARTA facilities, and special projects (i.e. signage, renovation/retrofit projects, etc.).
2. Participates in negotiations of design contracts with outside consultants. Reviews, comments and recommends appropriate changes on all phases (preliminary through final bid set) of consultant-prepared architectural design documents (i.e., plans and specifications, shop drawings, etc.).
3. Provides design services during construction of project; inspects construction projects, reviews shop drawings, prepares contract change orders, design changes, field sketches, etc., for assigned projects and determines percentage of contract completion for validation of contractor/consultant pay requests.
4. Prepares conceptual design and project definition drawings for MARTA transit stations in conjunction with the lead architect. Develops, reviews and updates MARTA design criteria, architectural directives, standard drawings and specifications.
5. May serve as lead architect for moderately to highly complex special project teams.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Registration as an Architect in Georgia, or the ability to obtain Georgia registration within six months via reciprocity is required. A valid State of Georgia driving license is required.
Candidates that possess demonstrated experience in Revit and AutoCAD will be given preference.
|Number of Openings||1|
|Reports To||MGR ARCHITECTURE|
|Work Days||Monday - Friday|
|Posting Type||Both Internal and External