|Position Title||Contract Specialist III|
|Location||Atlanta, GA, US|
|Organization Name||Contracts Operations|
| *POSITION POSTED UNTIL A VIABLE POOL OF CANDIDATES HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED*
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Finance, or related field is required. Responsible experience in the development, administration and/or auditing of contracts are required. Experience in the development and administration of public contracts is preferred. Extensive knowledge of the principles of competitive purchasing, bidding, and negotiation is required. Must demonstrate ability to organize and prioritize work and pay close attention to detail. Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required. Must be proficient in the use of personal computer and associated software packages.
INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments.
Responsible for all contract procurement actions from preparation of solicitation, through contract administration and closeout of the contract. Responsible for the preparation of contract documents for a comprehensive range of complex contracts for bid solicitation, proposal, and quotation. Responsible for the review and approval of all documents associated with each assigned contract to make sure MARTA is in compliance with internal, federal and state guidelines. Prepares and issues Notices of Award, contracts, and purchase orders. Maintains liaison and ongoing relationship with the Department’s subject matter expert(s) to ensure contractors perform in accordance with terms, condition and specification of the contract or purchase order. Responsible for evaluation, tracking and documentation of all modifications/changes to assigned contracts and ensures the modifications/changes are completed within established guidelines. Maintains an official contracts administration file for each assigned contract. Performs all tasks associated with the documentation of the closeout of the contract and submits to the Contract Control branch for filing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for all procurement actions from preparation of solicitation through contract administration and closeout of the contract. Prepares notices to bidders/proposals, conducts pre-bid/proposal conferences, and prepares and issues Notice of Awards, contracts, and purchase orders.
2. Responsible for the preparation of a wide range of complex contract documents working closely with MARTA Departments to establish contract specification, terms, conditions and procedures. Provides technical review to the MARTA Departments/Offices of contract specifications, terms, conditions, and procedures to make sure MARTA is in compliance with internal, federal and state guidelines.
3. Works closely with MARTA Departments in the administration of assigned contracts. Maintains liaison and ongoing relationship with the Department’s subject matter expert(s) to ensure contractors perform in accordance with terms, conditions and specification of the contract or purchase order.
4. Evaluates, tracks and documents all modifications/changes to assigned contracts. Ensures modifications/changes are completed within established guidelines.
5. Completes all tasks associated with the documentation of the closeout of the contract and submits to the Contract Control branch for filing.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Areas of Emphasis:
|Number of Openings||1|
|Reports To||MGR CONTRACTS|
|Posting Type||Both Internal and External|
Contract Specialist III