|Position Title||Financial Systems Admin|
|Location||Atlanta, GA, US|
|Organization Name||Financial Systems|
|*POSITION POSTED UNTIL A VIABLE POOL OF CANDIDATES HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED*
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science or a related field. A minimum of six years experience in database systems design and usage for business performance management, including budget development, financial analysis and data analysis preferably in a financial environment. Must be able to perform complex analysis, write and generate complex reports, and conduct short and long-range project planning studies. Must be proficient in the use of Oracle ERP systems, data warehousing, Access databases, Visual Basic programming, OLAP technology and advanced concepts of Microsoft Excel. In lieu of a degree, professional level experience as outlined above may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
Responsible for the overall design, implementation, enhancement and maintenance of the Authority's financial management and reporting databases and Financial Management software. Provides project management responsibilities for all ERP Programs and modules that interface with the Budget function to facilitate and insure proper data collection and management. Produces customized reports for management. Conducts review and analysis of the Authority's periodic financial reports and provides support for all aspects of accounting, budgeting and financial analysis. Communicates and interacts with all levels of management throughout the Authority, and external contacts as a technical financial resource for the decision making process to achieve departmental and Authority-wide goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops, maintains designs, and serves as project manager for the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) database applications with reporting tools used to manage the Authority's budget monitoring and analysis functions. Communicates with appropriate business analysts to ensure the quality and understanding of data. Works as a liaison between accounting, human resources and budget to ensure reporting requirements are met and any system problems or discrepancies are resolved. Reports Authority's budget performance.
2. Responsible for data integration between all ERP programs and modules throughout the Authority and the Budget/Financial Management functions. Performs periodic downloads of data from various systems into Financial Management ERP to perform complex analyses, data modeling and cost modeling.
3. Develops and maintains databases and designs periodic reporting tools to monitor the Authority's personnel status. Reviews position status and budget implementation to ensure consistency with annual adopted budget. Provides position control reports detailing discrepancies. Communicates with appropriate business analysts or manager and develops action plans to eliminate variances. Reviews, analyzes and recommends proposed staffing and/or organizational changes to ensure that the Authority is organized, structured and staffed efficiently.
4. Conducts complex comparative Financial Statements analyses utilizing historical, current and forecast data. Prepares financial reports that clarify complex financial results to permit Management to identify trends and make more informed decisions. Initiates and provides accurate, comprehensive and timely analysis to be presented to management in a user friendly report format.
5. Provides financial analysis support to all levels of management by conducting special studies that link the service decision processes while ensuring financial accountability, control costs and benefits analysis.
6. Provides specialized reports to support the Executive Management Team and additional ad hoc reports as necessary. Maintains confidentiality of data being reviewed.
7. Identifies and implements systems process improvement opportunities to productively drive efficiencies and improvements in financial analysis and management reports. Responsible for monitoring project testing phases for system enhancements.
8. Provides accounting advice and coordination role relative to the accounting policies and reporting requirements related to the annual operating budget, the financial plan, and financial monitoring and reporting.
9. Provides coordination of projects between internal and external staff, senior management, vendors, consultants and computer specialists.
10. Provides staff instruction and training for new and existing financial management systems.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments.|
|Number of Openings||1|
|Reports To||MGR FINANCIAL SYSTEMS|
|MGR FINANCIAL SYSTEMS|
Financial Systems Admin