|Position Title||Inspector (Bus Mechanic) (24)|
|Location||Decatur, GA, US|
|Organization Name||Bus Maintenance|
|NOTE: This posting is to fill the current vacancy and to establish an eligibility list to fill any future vacancies that may occur in the next 6 months.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Successful completion of a two-year diesel or automotive program, Transit Bus Maintenance 2-Year Apprenticeship Program, Department of Defense Maintenance Program, or closely related Maintenance Training Program, and one-year work experience in automotive, heavy duty vehicle maintenance and repair, or closely related field is required. In lieu of completion of formal training, three or more years of work experience in automotive or heavy duty truck maintenance service and repair or similar may be substituted.
INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments.
The following information applies to internal applicants only:
All internal applicants will have a record evaluation check to determine whether they are eligible to advance to the interview process. Candidates will be automatically disqualified for consideration if their employment record for the twelve (12) months preceding the date of the posting reflects any of the following:
· A combined total of (3) occurrences and/or lose outs (tardies)
· Any instances of absence without leave (AWOL)
· Any disciplinary actions
· Any valid customer complaints
· Employee has not successfully completed probationary period as a new hire
Notes: Record evaluation will be conducted based on the twelve months preceding the initial date of the posting. Candidates must remain in good standing once selected through the job screening and offer process. Failure to remain in good standing based on the criteria listed above will disqualify any candidate. Additional Requirements (Internal/External Candidates)
|Completes inspection of and makes repairs to the mechanical, electrical, brake, transmission and pneumatic systems of the MARTA buses. Performs preventive maintenance on the MARTA buses by routinely maintaining and upgrading bus parts as they deteriorate.
1. Removes defective bus components such as power steering boxes, air conditioning compressors, batteries, transmissions, and differentials; installs new or overhauled parts to the vehicles.
2. Completes visual and auditory inspections using a variety of equipment such as laptop, scan tool, multimeter, pressure gauges, and other testing equipment to perform trouble shooting and diagnosis to mechanical, fuel lubrication, electrical, brake, transmission and pneumatic systems of the MARTA buses.
3. Performs road service when bus has mechanical failure, operating road service truck and performing repairs to the vehicle on sight.
4. Assists and instructs other employees on work methods and procedures in various types of diagnosis and repairs.
5. Assists in retrieving vehicles from accident scenes and adverse weather conditions.
6. Records all information of appropriate repair on inspection forms.
7. Uses steam cleaning equipment to clean engines, transmissions and other components as needed in performing repairs to buses.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Must have a current, valid State of Georgia issued CDL license (Class A or B) with a Passenger (“P”) endorsement or current, valid State of Georgia issued Commercial Driver Learner’s (CDL), Permit (Class A or B) with a passing “P” endorsement score is required. Individuals hired with a valid State of Georgia issued Commercial Driver Learner’s Permit, must obtain a valid State of Georgia issued Commercial Driver’s License (Class A or B) with a Passenger endorsement within three (3) weeks of their date of hire.
A minimum of two years driving experience. A maximum of one (1) moving violation, with a maximum of three (3) points on Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) within a 24-month period. No DUI violations allowed.
ASE Certifications desired.
|Number of Openings||24|
|Reports To||SUPV BUS MAINTENANCE|
|SUPV BUS MAINTENANCE|
|Posting Type||Both Internal and External|
Inspector Bus Mechanic (24)