Position Title Journeyman Bus Technician (20)
Location Atlanta, GA, US
Organization Name Hamilton Garage Maintenance
Date Start 17-Oct-2019
Closing Date 17-Dec-2019
NOTE: This posting is to fill the current vacancyand to establish an eligibility list to fill any future vacancies that mayoccur in the next 6 months.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Successfulcompletion of a two-year diesel or automotive program, Transit Bus Maintenance2-Year Apprenticeship Program, Department of Defense Maintenance Program, orclosely related Maintenance Training Program. In lieu of completion of formal training, three or more years of workexperience in automotive or heavy-duty truck maintenance service and repair orsimilar may be substituted.
INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process mayinclude one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills andabilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practicaldemonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competencyassessments.
The following information applies to internal applicants only:
All internal applicants will have arecord evaluation check to determine whether they are eligible to advance tothe interview process. Candidates will be automatically disqualifiedfor consideration if their employment record for the twelve (12) monthspreceding the date of the posting reflects any of the following:
· A combined total of (3) occurrences and/orlose outs (tardies)
· Any instances of absence without leave (AWOL)
· Any disciplinary actions
· Any valid customer complaints
· Employee has not successfully completed probationary periodas a new hire
Notes: Record evaluation will be conducted based onthe twelve months preceding the initial date of the posting. Candidates mustremain in good standing once selected through the job screening and offerprocess. Failure to remain in good standing based on the criteria listed abovewill disqualify any candidate. Additional Requirements (Internal/ExternalCandidates)
Completes inspection of and makes repairs to themechanical, electrical, brake, transmission and pneumatic systems of the MARTAbuses. Performs preventive maintenance on the MARTA buses by routinelymaintaining and upgrading bus parts as they deteriorate.
1. Removes defective bus components suchas power steering boxes, air conditioning compressors, batteries,transmissions, and differentials; installs new or overhauled parts to thevehicles.
2. Completes visual and auditoryinspections using a variety of equipment such as laptop, scan tool, multimeter,pressure gauges, and other testing equipment to perform trouble shooting anddiagnosis to mechanical, fuel lubrication, electrical, brake, transmission andpneumatic systems of the MARTA buses.
3. Performs road service when bus hasmechanical failure, operating road service truck and performing repairs to thevehicle on sight.
4. Assists and instructs other employeeson work methods and procedures in various types of diagnosis and repairs.
5. Assists in retrieving vehicles fromaccident scenes and adverse weather conditions.
6. Records all information ofappropriate repair on inspection forms.
7. Uses steam cleaning equipment toclean engines, transmissions and other components as needed in performingrepairs to buses.
8. Performs other related duties asassigned.
Must have a current, valid Class Clicense. Individuals hired must obtain a valid State of Georgia issuedCommercial Driver Learner’s (CDL), Permit (Class A or B), with a passing “P”endorsement within 30 days, and must obtain a valid State of Georgia issuedCommercial Driver’s License (Class A or B), with a Passenger endorsement withinthree (3) weeks of obtaining their Commercial Driver Learner’s (CDL), Permit(Class A or B) with a passing “P” endorsement.
A minimum of two years drivingexperience. A maximum of one (1) movingviolation, with a maximum of three (3) points on Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)within a 24-month period. No DUIviolations allowed.
ASE Certifications desired.
Note: MARTA is a Drug Free Workplace.Participation in MARTA's Drug & Alcohol Program is a condition ofemployment. Failure to adhere to MARTA's Drug & Alcohol Program will resultin termination. Every MARTA employee is responsible for reading and observingthe requirements of the Drug & Alcohol policy. This position has beenidentified as SAFETY SENSITIVE.
Classification Non Exempt
Number of Openings 20
Reports To SUPV BUS MAINTENANCE
SUPV BUS MAINTENANCE
Salary Range $22.08
Salary Grade 00100
Work Hours 40
Work Days Variable
Posting Type Both Internal and External