|Position Title||Journeyman ET-Rail Car Maintenance (6)|
|Location||Decatur, GA, US|
|Organization Name||Avondale Car Maintenance|
| This posting is to fill the current vacancy and to establish an eligibility list to fill any future vacancies that may occur in the next 6 months.
High school diploma or equivalent. Successful completion of specialized formal training in electronics and electronic repair, such as graduation from an electronics vocational or trade school or successful completion of military electronics training programs. Must have skill and ability in using a variety of tools and electronic equipment. Two and one-half years of Journeyman level experience in the repair and maintenance of complex electronic assemblies and components required. In lieu of formal training, three and one-half years of directly related electronic repair experience may be substituted. External hires will complete six months at the apprentice level; demonstrated ability to perform the journeyman work will qualify the new hire for assignment to journeyman level. Internal hires will be governed by the terms of the current Labor Agreement.
INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments.
The following information only applies to internal applicants only:
All internal applicants will have a record evaluation check to determine whether they are eligible to advance to the interview process. Candidates will be automatically disqualified for consideration if their employment record for the twelve (12) months preceding the date of the posting reflects any of the following:
· A combined total of three (3) occurrences and/or lose outs (tardies)
· Any instances of absence without leave (AWOL)
· Any disciplinary actions
· Any valid customer complaints
· Employee has not successfully completed probationary period as a new hire
Notes: Record evaluation will be conducted based on the twelve months preceding the initial date of the posting. Candidates must remain in good standing once selected through the job screening and offer process. Failure to remain in good standing based on the criteria listed above will disqualify any candidate. Additional Requirements (Internal/External Candidates)
|Inspects, repairs, and maintains all transit car systems both electrical and mechanical. Performs sub-system and system testing and authorized modifications to equipment.
1. Inspects, repairs, and maintains all transit car systems and equipment both electrical and mechanical.
2. Removes and replaces primary operating parts from transit cars for inspection and/or repairs.
3. Troubleshoots and performs sub-system and system testing and authorized modification to equipment.
4. Performs electronic, electrical diagnoses and repairs by reading and interpreting electronic schematics and prints.
5. Uses a variety of tools, machines and test equipment such as volt ohmmeters, ammeters, frequency meters, frequency counters, oscilloscopes, and other hand powered tools associated with a complete electronic repair unit.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Note: MARTA is a Drug Free Workplace. Participation in MARTA's Drug & Alcohol Program is a condition of employment. Failure to adhere to MARTA's Drug & Alcohol Program will result in termination. Every MARTA employee is responsible for reading and observing the requirements of the Drug & Alcohol policy. This position has been identified as SAFETY SENSITIVE.|
|Number of Openings||6|
|Reports To||SUPT RAIL CAR MAINT|
|SUPT RAIL CAR MAINT|
|Posting Type||Both Internal and External|
Journeyman ET - Rail Car Maintenance (6)