|Position Title||Manager Capital Improvement Monitor & Reporting|
|Location||Atlanta, GA, US|
|Organization Name||CIP Monitoring & Reporting|
|Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Project Management, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related discipline is required. Eight (8) years of project management experience is required. Experience should include developing and controlling large project budgets; developing and monitoring complex project schedules and reporting the status of projects to a range of stakeholders.
Must be proficient in use of client-server enterprise resource planning (ERP) and enterprise asset management (EAM) systems, project management systems, and PC-based database and spreadsheet applications. Experience with Primavera P6 Project Management and Primavera Contract Manager (expedition) preferred. Excellent written and verbal skills are required. Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred.
Certification as a Certified Cost Engineer (CCE) or Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) is highly desirable. A Master’s degree in Project Management, Construction Management or related field may substitute for two years of experience. Directly related work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis in lieu of educational requirement.
INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments.
Manages the monitoring and reporting of the status of the MARTA (CIP) Capital Improvement Program. Develops scope definitions, schedules and budgets for capital projects. Manages preparation and on-going update of project schedules, cost estimates and project financial plans for candidate and approved CIP projects.
Monitors and reports program and individual project performance against the approved project scope, schedule and budget. Prepares program and project reports and analyses for the MARTA Board, executive management, project sponsors, project managers and a range of other interested stakeholders. Reports project performance outside approved tolerances to executive management and tracks corrective action plans.
Maintains project controls standards, procedures, templates and systems. Provides training to MARTA project managers and other MARTA staff on project controls standards. Oversees delivery of project management training for MARTA staff Authority wide.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages the monitoring and reporting of the status of the MARTA Capital Improvement Program (CIP).
2. Manages preparation and on-going update of project schedules, cost estimates and project financial plans for candidate and approved CIP projects. Prepares and maintains templates for project financial plans. Manages development and assures quality of project financial plans for all CIP projects.
3. Implements procedures and manages the activities of project controls analysts to ensure project origination documents, project charter and baseline documents, project schedules, project budgets, project financial plans and any other project baseline documents are updated as required based on approved changes to project scope, schedule and budget.
4. Prepares detailed management reports for use by project managers in monitoring and tracking individual project performance. Reports project performance issues to executive management, project sponsors, project owners, project managers and other key stakeholders and monitors status of corrective action plans to address identifies issues.
5. Manages delivery of required training to MARTA project managers and other MATA staff on project controls and project management process, procedures, templates and systems.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Responsible for the management of Project Control Analysts, Project Schedules and Cost estimators. This employee interviews and hires new employee, and when necessary recommends disciplinary actions and discharge of subordinates. Evaluates employee performance, identifies staff development and training needs, and prepares performance development plans.
Candidates who possess the following skill and or experience will be given preference:
|Number of Openings||1|
|Reports To||DIR CAPITAL PROGRAMMING|
|DIR CAPITAL PROGRAMMING|
|Posting Type||Both Internal and External|
Manager Capital Improvement Monitor & Reporting