|Position Title||Manager Track & Structures|
|Location||Decatur, GA, US|
|Organization Name||Track Inspection & Support|
|Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and a minimum of eight years of experience in track and structural maintenance and inspection management. Must be able to inspect and co-ordinate maintenance work of other T&S maintenance personnel to verify compliance to MARTA rules, standards, and instructions, and communicate technical instruction and information clearly and legibly. Must have the ability to utilize automated and non-destructive testing data to identify issues that affect rail operations and plan for long term capital replacements and upgrades, technology utilized includes but is not limited to: automated track geometry testing, ultrasonic rail testing and rail profile measurement.
Proficiency is required in the use of a personal computer, and must be accomplished in the use of word processing, spreadsheets, databases, scheduling, and other software. In lieu of a degree, directly related experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessment.
|1. Manages overall work goals and activities of the Office in accordance with Authority policies, goals, and the Office of Maintenance of Way Work Programs. Creates and maintains a five year forecast of the Office's Work Program and performs the budget forecasting associated with such.
2. Prepares, administers, and maintains adherence to Office budget. Makes necessary adjustments to staff, equipment, and material levels to maintain levels of operation within approved budgets.
3. Ensures that Authority and Office policies and procedures are adhered to on a daily basis. Represents the Office and the Director of Maintenance of Way at meetings and other events, as directed. May serve as acting Director during the Director's absence. Develops innovative solutions to resolve conflicts between the Office and other entities.
4. Develops technical and procurement specifications as needed to obtain outside goods and services in support of the Office's goals, mission, and Work Programs. Monitor inventory levels of supplies, tools, and equipment to ensure sufficient supply of materials are available to promote efficient operations.
5. Responsible for the independent monitoring and inspection of the MARTA Track and Structural system for the purpose of verifying compliance with MARTA rules, standards, and instructions, and the responsibility to perform corrective and/or preventive actions when appropriate to promote compliance in a safe and efficient manner. Responsible for the co-ordination, assignment and inspection of maintenance and operational work of other T&S personnel.
6. Identifies safety and training needs and ensures (through Training & Development and the Office of Safety) that all necessary job-related instruction is provided to employees. Implements and Promotes Safety/Training Programs unique to T&S. Actively participates in the development of safety programs to protect employees and the public. Takes steps to maintain safety record of no preventable accidents. Ensures staff follows and promotes established safety programs and procedures. Implements, promotes division training and safety programs to ensure skill transfer and legal compliance.
7. Enforces and maintains a thorough knowledge of all MARTA operating rules and regulations. Deals effectively with problems that may arise with union shop steward or union workers on the job. Enforces the standards of the Federal Transit Administration/American Railway Engineering and Maintenance of Way Association (FTA/AREMA), Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and the American Public Transportation Association (APTA). Review and make recommendations on the specifications for new equipment, as well as line extensions.
8. Stays abreast of the day-to-day activities on the entire rail operating system. Keeps the Director of department fully informed of all problems on the system. Follows up on problems and ensures all corrective actions are made in a timely and appropriate manner. Provides written reports on outstanding or corrected problems. Also, provides written reports on any type of accidents, which occur, on the system. Investigates track and structural issues, which cause delays to revenue service operation, determines cause and implements preventive solutions. Investigates safety incidents and near misses including derailments utilizing MARTA’s Track Safety Standards, gathering physical evidence, and completing detailed reports.
9. Conducts inspections and acceptance on T&S equipment (including track, turnouts, diamond crossovers, bridges, tunnels and stations). Makes sure inspections meet or exceed MARTA’s established guidelines and time schedules. Must understand the safety significance of deviations from prescribed standards and the ability to perform remedial action during revenue operations to correct or safely compensate for deviations.
10. Troubleshoot and repair track and structural assets during revenue operations without compromising the safety or efficiency of transit operations or employees. Must be able to read and understand complex technical documents, schematics, manuals, prints, tests procedures, etc., associated with the Track & Structural maintenance and inspection.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Primary duty is management of a branch of the Authority. Supervises the administrative staff, general foremen, foremen, and planners of the Office. Interviews, hires and develops subordinate personnel; sets standards and evaluates performance of employees; provides feedback, coaches, disciplines and discharges as appropriate.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
FRA certification is desirable. FHWA inspection certification is desirable. Possession of valid Georgia commercial driver's license is desirable.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request that MARTA make reasonable accommodations in order to help you accomplish your work, which must still be performed in all its essential functions.
Manager is on twenty-four-hour call in the event of Track and Structures emergencies.
MARTA is a Drug Free Workplace. Participation in MARTA's Drug & Alcohol Program is a condition of employment. Failure to adhere to MARTA's Drug & Alcohol Program will result in termination. Every MARTA employee is responsible for reading and observing the requirements of the Drug & Alcohol policy. This position has been identified as SAFETY SENSITIVE
|Number of Openings||1|
|Reports To||DIR MAINTENANCE OF WAY|
|DIR MAINTENANCE OF WAY|
|Posting Type||Both Internal and External|
Manager Track & Structures