|Position Title||Mechanical Engineer IV|
|Location||Decatur, GA, US|
|Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or a closely related discipline is required. Up to two years’ experience in equipment/systems design, redesign, and/or retrofit programs. Must have knowledge in one or more of the following areas: large scale facility design and construction, design, redesign, or retrofit of mechanical system/equipment. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products. Must have highly effective problem-solving skills. Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required. Experience in rapid rail transit is highly desirable. Directly related internships may be substituted on a year-for-year basis in-lieu of experience requirement. In lieu of a degree, directly related experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments.
|Under direct supervision, designs, reviews and comments on moderately complex mechanical systems involving rapid rail cars, facilities construction, expansion of current sites, retro-fittings, and additions. Investigates, identifies and works with higher level Mechanical Engineers in developing resolutions to a wide range of moderately complex mechanical problems as they affect rapid rail cars, rail equipment, systems, and facilities. May recommend alternative methods and/or equipment to improve safety, maintainability, reliability, and cost effectiveness of the diverse and complex systems in the MARTA transit system and rapid rail cars..
1. Under direct supervision, designs, reviews and comments on moderately complex mechanical systems involving facilities construction, expansion of current sites, retro-fittings, and additions.
2. Under direct supervision, provides moderately complex mechanical systems designs for rapid rail car maintenance. Prepares and/or modifies the preparation of moderately complex engineering documentation, specifications, manuals, etc., to support engineering activities. Assists other areas in preparation of technical specifications as needed.
3. Provides operational support on rapid rail transit cars in MARTA rail car maintenance shops.
4. Provides technical support and engineering assistance in problem solving, equipment/systems design, redesign, and/or retrofit programs to correct equipment or system deficiencies.
5. Provides operational or technical support for rail car maintenance, contracts and procurement, and Quality Assurance, and assists in the preparation and administration of systems/equipment and contracts.
6. Work closely with higher level Mechanical Engineers in updating system design criteria and standard drawings, policies, and guide specifications. Identifies guidelines to ensure the proper maintenance of Authority mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems/equipment.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|“MARTA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Employment decisions at MARTA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, regardless of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability or Veteran status. We are committed to building a team that represents diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. Different makes us better.”
|Number of Openings||1|
|Reports To||CHF ENG RELIABILITY & RC REHAB|
|CHF ENG RELIABILITY & RC REHAB|
|Posting Type||Both Internal and External|
Mechanical Engineer IV