|Position Title||Part Time Bus Operator|
|Location||Decatur, GA, US|
|Organization Name||Laredo Garage|
|Once you have applied for this position, please look to your email for updates and testing regarding your application.
*A CDL/CDL Permit is required for the position*
High school diploma or equivalent. Must have three years of continuous and verifiable post high school employment or a combined three years of verifiable full or part-time student status and employment history. Must possess knowledge of, or the ability to learn to evaluate its general operation condition. Must possess knowledge of, or the ability to learn the motor vehicle code for the State of Georgia. Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively with diverse members of the public are essential. At least one year of direct customer service and/or prior commercial bus, taxi or limousine driving experience is preferred.
INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments.
|*A CDL/CDL Permit is required for the position*
1. Drives and operates a commercial passenger bus, transporting passengers to and from scheduled stops, announcing major stops, transfer points, other announcements as requested/required. Collects proper fares and validates passes and identification cards, utilizing electronic fare registering and collection equipment. Exercises reasonable care in the handling of funds and other valuables, to include proper reporting of lost articles. Courteously provide schedule, route, and fare information to passengers seeking assistance.
2. Assists disabled passengers in boarding, riding, and alighting in a safe manner. Operates wheelchair lifts or scooters and secure equipment of affected passengers in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
3. Maintains, supports, and promotes a safe work environment at all times. Conducts routine bus inspections of assigned vehicle before and after daily run (pre-trip and post trip inspections) in conformance with all applicable safety and operation procedures. Documents inspection findings. Promptly engages Bus Operations Control Center (BCC) MARTA Police in cases of passenger unruly conduct and/or any threat to passenger or safety of self.
4. Prepares and submits accident and incident reports in a timely manner utilizing proper forms and in accordance with established guidelines.
5. Uses Bus phone and logs into the Automated Vehicle Locator (AVL) to communicate with equipment failures, schedule delays, hazardous or dangerous conditions along bus route and passenger loading zones, to include such hazards as unusual traffic, road conditions, obstructions, construction, potential criminal activity, etc.
6. Performs other assigned tasks as requested.
|A current, valid State of Georgia issued CDL license [Class A or B with a Passenger (“P”) endorsement] or current, valid State of Georgia issued Commercial Driver Learner’s (CDL) Permit (Class A or B with a “P” endorsement) is required. Individuals hired with a valid State of Georgia issued Commercial Driver Learner’s Permit, must obtain a valid State of Georgia issued Commercial Driver’s License (Class A or B with a Passenger endorsement before their official start date. A maximum of one (1) moving violation, with a maximum of three (3) points on Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) within a 24-month period. DUI violations are not allowed.
1. Must be at least 21 years of age.
2. Must pass required pre-employment tests.
3. Dependable transportation to report to work.
The following information applies to internal applicants only:
All internal applicants will have a record evaluation check to determine whether they are eligible to advance to the interview process. Candidates will be automatically disqualified for consideration if their employment record for the twelve (12) months preceding the date of the posting reflects any of the following:
· A combined total of no more than three (3) occurrences and/or lose outs (tardies)
· No instances of absence without leave (AWOL)
· No disciplinary actions
· No valid customer complaints
· Employee has not successfully completed probationary period
Notes: Record evaluation will be conducted based on the twelve months preceding the initial date of the posting. Candidates must remain in good standing once selected through the job screening and offer process. Failure to remain in good standing based on the criteria listed above will disqualify any candidate.
This position has been identified as SAFETY SENSITIVE. Participation in MARTA's Drug & Alcohol Program is a condition of employment. Failure to adhere to MARTA's Drug & Alcohol Program will result in termination.
|Number of Openings||1|
|Reports To||SUPV BUS TRANSPORTATION|
|SUPV BUS TRANSPORTATION|
|Posting Type||Both Internal and External|
Part Time Bus Operator