|Position Title||Project Engineer|
|Location||Atlanta, GA, US|
|Organization Name||Construction Management|
|Bachelor's degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, Building Construction, Construction Management, or a related field and a minimum of five years field experience and construction management/administration on construction projects. Must possess strong oral and written communications skills. Experience can be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS:
The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments.
|Performs contract management of assigned construction contracts and coordinates administration of those contracts within the Authority. Provides liaison between the resident engineers and the Authority's staff/General Engineering Consultant’s staff. Carries out major assignments in conducting the engineering & construction activities of the business. Performs work that affects business operations to a substantial degree.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversees and coordinates construction, engineering and contract administration activities with Project Managers, the Authority's General Engineering Consultant, Resident Engineers, Contract Administrators and other MARTA staff.
2. Reviews, comments and provides suggested changes to proposed construction contract documents and plans before advertising and bid.
3. Maintains up-to-date computerized records of all contract data.
4. Works with the Contract Administrators to finalize and prepare contract change orders.
5. Coordinates administration of construction contracts.
6. Maintains submittal register.
7. Manages field activities related to pay applications and works with the Contract Administrator to finalize and prepare the pay applications.
8. Performs field inspections on an as needed basis
9. Prepares weekly reports.
10. Regularly updates information in Project Manager (P6)/other databases.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
|MARTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.|
|Number of Openings||3|
|Reports To||MGR CONSTRUCTION|
|Salary Range||$56,066 - $84,098|
|Work Days||Mon - Fri|
|Posting Type||Both Internal and External|