|Position Title||Track Maintainer (9)|
|Location||Decatur, GA, US|
|Organization Name||Track Inspection & Support|
|NOTE: This posting is to fill the current vacancy and to establish an eligibility list to fill any future vacancies that may occur in the next 6 months.High school education or equivalent. Two years of experience in track maintenance or track construction required.
INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments.
The following information only applies to internal applicants only:
Internal Candidates will have a record evaluation check to determine if they are eligible to continue in the interview process. Candidates will be automatically disqualified for interview consideration if their record evaluations for the rolling year backward at the time of review consist of:
< >A combined total of more than three (3) occurrences and/or lose outs (tardies)Any instances of absence without leave (AWOL)Any disciplinary actionsAny valid customer complaintsEmployee has not successfully completed probationary period as a new hireNotes: Record evaluation will be conducted based on the twelve months preceding the initial date of the posting. Candidates must remain in good standing once selected through the job screening and offer process. Failure to remain in good standing based on the criteria listed above will disqualify any candidate. Additional Requirements (Internal/External Candidates)
|Performs routine and preventive maintenance of track structures, fences, yards and roadways. Maintains track standards in accordance with track specifications.
1. Performs a variety of tasks involving dexterous use of hands and tools. These tasks include, but are not limited to: replacing rail fasteners, clips, rail joint bolts, track switch components, anchors and other parts and/or materials needed in track maintenance.
2. Performs routine and preventive maintenance on mainline and yard tracks by replacement and/or installation of major track parts and materials such as track ballast, concrete ties, running rail, wooden crossties, rail fasteners, cover boards and other parts or materials needed in maintenance.
3. Maintains the Authority's wayside by repairing or replacing of wayside fences, and maintaining the wayside vegetation.
4. Operates heavy equipment such as speedwing/ballast regulator, tampers, dump trucks, rail carrier, 15 ton crane, loader basket, overhead (10 ton) crane and other equipment as assigned.
5. Uses a variety of tools commonly associated with track & structures maintenance work such as rulers, power auger, axes, portable power tools, grinders, drills, chisels, chain saws, hammers, wrenches, gages, pliers, tongs, cutters, levels, rail transposes, or other tools as assigned.
6. Follows instructions and safely performs work designated by work order. Provides accurate feedback information by entering work orders information that will aid in failure and reliability analysis.
7. Logs accurate labor time to work order. Informs Foreman and Planner of any discrepancies or adjustments needed to the work order.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
|Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Georgia Commercial Driver's License and must be able to pass MARTA's Level #4 Wayside Access Certification within 90 days of obtaining the position.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Subject to calls outside regular working hours for emergency situations.
“MARTA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Employment decisions at MARTA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, regardless of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability or Veteran status. We are committed to building a team that represents diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. Different makes us better.”
|Number of Openings||9|
|Reports To||FOREMAN TRACK & STRCT|
|FOREMAN TRACK & STRCT|
|Posting Type||Both Internal and External|
Track Maintainer (9)