|Position Title||Traffic Checker|
|Location||Atlanta, GA, US|
|Organization Name||System Service Monitoring|
|*POSITION POSTED UNTIL A VIABLE POOL OF CANDIDATES HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED*
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or equivalent. Two years of college or related technical training in the field of data collection and processing is highly desired. Must be able to maintain accuracy in collection and summary of data. Must possess ability to make computations and tabulations with speed and accuracy; ability to comprehend oral and written instruction; possess neat and legible handwriting; and knowledge of Atlanta Metropolitan area including streets and transit routes is highly desirable. Work experience with MS Office suite is highly desired; traffic checking or related transit operations experience preferred. Knowledge of electronic data collection devices desired.
INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments.
Responsible for monitoring and recording passenger movement and volume data on bus and rail service through the use of hand-held devices. Collects and records ridership, reciprocal, and parking data, at the route, block, and trip level, by monitoring on-sight through the use of data collection tools. Knowledge of Trapeze, Crystal, and RSM is highly desirable. Monitors and records service schedule times, and vehicle running time performance for bus and rail operations. Conducts validation of automated systems. Prepares preliminary data analysis for reporting; computes and summarizes findings. Working experience with MS Office suite is highly desirable. Performs routine administrative office duties and handles special projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Monitors transit system for passenger movement and volume by conducting traffic checking assignments using handheld tablets/notepad.
2. Counts transit passengers at specified observation points. Must be able to check multiple routes from one check point location.
3. Performs ride checks onboard vehicles.
4. Checks schedule adherence, running times and passenger loads by direction on bus and rail.
5. Performs point, ride, parking, reciprocal checks with automated handheld tablets; and use of docking station.
6. Conducts validation of automated systems: TrapezeITS AVL/APC & Breeze systems, and upcoming technologies.
7. Handles special projects as assigned.
8. Assists with administrative duties in-house.
9. Prepares preliminary data analysis and summaries of collected data.
10. Export/Import data and scheduling information through handheld tablet and RSM software.
11. Will be required to attend mandatory training classes: Technology, Customer Service, and Seminars
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
| The following information only applies to Internal Applicants: All internal applicants will have a record evaluation check to determine whether they are eligibility to advance to the interview process. Candidates will be automatically disqualified for consideration if their employment record for the twelve (12) months preceding the date of the posting reflects any of the following:• A combined total of more than three (3) occurrences and/or lose outs (tardiness) • Any instances of absence without leave (AWOL)• Any disciplinary actions • Any valid customer complaints• Must not be enrolled in the Modified Duty Program• Employee has not successfully completed probationary period as a new hire• Must pass the physical requirements of the Human Resources Department Notes: Record evaluation will be conducted based on the twelve months preceding the initial date of the posting. Candidates must remain in good standing once selected through the job screening and offer process. Failure to remain in good standing based on the criteria listed above will disqualify any candidate.
The following information applies to internal applicants only:
All internal applicants will have a record evaluation check to determine whether they are eligible to advance to the interview process. Candidates will be automatically disqualified for consideration if their employment record for the twelve (12) months preceding the date of the posting reflects any of the following:
· A combined total of no more than three (3) occurrences and/or lose outs (tardiness)
· Instances of absence without leave (AWOL)
· Disciplinary actions
· Valid customer complaints
· Must not be enrolled in the Modified Duty Program, or any other leave program at the time of application
· Employee has not successfully completed probationary period
Notes: Record evaluation will be conducted based on the twelve months preceding the initial date of the posting. Candidates must remain in good standing once selected through the job screening and offer process. Failure to remain in good standing based on the criteria listed above will disqualify any candidate.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. Walks or stands a minimum of 8 hours per shift.
2. Sits for up to 8-10 hours per shift (including breaks, lunch, etc.).
3. Occasionally bends, kneels, stoops or squats.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
1. Walks at MARTA stations and parking lot properties.
2. Performs duties outside in various weather conditions.
3. Work variable shifts (early morning/late night)
4. Works at variable locations
5. Requires 24-hour availability
Must be able to work outdoors on flexible hours and split shifts throughout the MARTA service area.
|Number of Openings||2|
|Reports To||SR EVALUATION ANALYST|
|SR EVALUATION ANALYST|
|Posting Type||Not Applicable|