|Position Title||Transit Police Officer|
|Location||Atlanta, GA, US|
|Organization Name||Asst Chf Of Police Operations|
|The successful candidate will have one of the following:
· Two or more years of college (60 semester hours/90 quarter hours)
· One completed term of Honorable Military Service
· Two years as a POST Certified Peace Officer, Corrections Officer or Jailer
· Completion of a Pre-Service Academy
Applicants must also be at least 21-years-old and are required to pass all tests related to the position, including a Background Investigation to include criminal history records check, polygraph examination and credit check. Must pass physical examination, including drug/alcohol screening and psychological testing. Must possess a valid drivers’ license.
Live your Dream-Join the MARTA Team!!!
Pay starts at $37,772 and tops out at $58,136 for a Sr. Officer.
MARTA offers excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement.
MARTA also provides all uniforms and equipment.
MARTA is currently offering a
$3,000 Signing Bonus for Georgia Certified Officers.
$1,000 Signing Bonus for non-certified personnel.
|Engages in activities necessary to ensure public safety, law enforcement, security and crime prevention. Some duties are performed under stressful or life-threatening circumstances or require physical restraint of others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs patrol activities and related tasks such as vehicle and foot patrols, traffic control, security checks, crowd control and assisting persons in distress (includes providing emergency medical care to ill or injured persons).
2. Carries out apprehension and arrest procedures; issues warnings and citations; investigates accidents, complaints, and incidents; preserves crime scenes and gathers evidence; testifies in court.
3. Operates communications equipment and police vehicles; follows procedures regarding the use of firearms and the use of force; maintains equipment in excellent working order.
4. Prepares and submits accurate police reports; successfully completes all training requirements; conforms to the Police Services Dress Code.
5. Communicates with and offers assistance to the public; answers questions; responds to complaints or problems in tactful and diplomatic manner. Strives to meet MARTA Police Services goals to provide for a customer oriented, safe and secure system.
6. Acquires and demonstrates knowledge of federal regulations, local ordinances, state law, and MARTA Police emergency and safety procedures.
|This position has been identified as SAFETY SENSITIVE. Participation in MARTA's Drug & Alcohol Program is a condition of employment. Failure to adhere to MARTA's Drug & Alcohol Program will result in termination.
An official investigation into the applicant's background will be conducted, including a criminal history records check.
Must be able to speak and communicate clearly and perform all aspects of the positions of Police Officer.
A physical examination, including drug/alcohol screen, psychological test, and physical agility test will be required.
Must possess a valid driver's license.
|Number of Openings||1|
|Reports To||DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE|
|DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE|
|Posting Type||Both Internal and External|
Transit Police Officer